Sunday, April 27, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter & Fruit Bites


I slept 30 minutes past my alarm this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed! I wanted to cuddle back up to my husband and drift back to sleep, but we both had somewhere to be so we rolled out of bed and got ready for the day.

I was craving an omelette, but I was on crunch time so I looked for something I could whip up in 5 minutes or less. 

We had gone grocery shopping the day before and I had discovered Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Dark  Chocolate. 


Hy-Vee was running a special on Skippy Natural Peanut Butter for 1.98 so we stocked up on 3 different types. What can I say, we're PB fanatics! :D It was actually perfect timing because I was wanting to get something similar to Nutella, but I find it to be too sweet for me.


This is a perfect alternative if you're looking for a natural chocolate spread that contains less sugar. I think it tastes like a Reese's peanut butter cup. It's really good! I think it's my newfound addiction. 

Another discovery I recently made were multigrain waffles I found at Aldi's. $1.29 for a 10 pack and 140 calories, 3g of fat for 2 waffles. I was hesitant to try them at first but I love them! Nothing beats homemade waffles, but when I'm looking for something to eat on-the-go, these come pretty close. And I can never turn down healthier options. :)

For this quick & healthy recipe, you'll need:
- Waffle 
- I tbsp of Skippy Natural PB with Dark Chocolate (or your favorite chocolate spread)
- Banana slices
- Blueberries

Toast waffle until desired warmth and crispness is reached. Cut waffle into four pieces. Spread on chocolate spread, add  banana slices and top with blueberries. Drizzle with honey if desired and enjoy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment